Monday, September 16, 2019

Respect your elders

We woke up to a light rain this morning.  The forecast said it would stop by 3 am, but it continued well past 10 am.  I awoke to find my husband and son dismantling and organizing Legos.  They weren't heading to work or school today because it was a national holiday.  Respect for the Aged day has been a national holiday since 1966, celebrated on the third Monday of September.  As indicated by the name, it is a day reserved to visit grandparents and do something nice for people over 65. 

I am saddened to report that we did not do anything to recognize the holiday.  Instead, I cooked lentil soup and the boys went to the sento.  After they returned we all watched a movie.  It was a super relaxed and family focused day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...