Thursday, September 19, 2019

Farm fresh Italian

A friend sent me an invite to lunch today.  She was craving lunch at La Mouri and wondered if I wanted to join her.  Of course I did!  Last time we went to the farm-to-table restaurant, it was amazing.

I arrived a few minutes early and found myself gazing at the farm for a few minutes.  It was such a beautiful day.  The fields were bursting with so much produce - peanuts, eggplants, carrots, and so much more. 


Today's lunch was splendid and fulfilled my every craving.  La Mouri makes amazing, scrumptious food.  Both our appetizers and pasta were incredible.  Knowing that so many ingredients came from right next door made it even more amazing.


My friend and I had a lovely chat as we talked about birthdays (she reads my blog and since I just wrote about it, it was fun to discuss the differences in cultural approaches to aging), kids, and so much more. 

As we were leaving, we chatted with the chef for a bit.  He actually has visited Seattle.  Soon the three of us were talking in a mix of Japanese and English all about Seattle, food, and duck eggs.  There are some topics that go beyond language.  Food is always one of those topics. 

I left the restaurant elated.  Good food, good conversation, and a whole lot of good feelings.  And the rest of the day, the smile wouldn't leave my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...