Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Sleeping and playing in Saitama

Just a stones throw away from Nerima is Saitama Prefecture.  I often visit Saitama because one of my favorite cities is there - Kawagoe.  The park moms decided to organize an overnight trip to celebrate the end of summer break. 

We headed out early to meet up at Shinrinkoen Station at 10 am (about an hour and a half away from our house) where we took the hotel shuttle to our destination.  As soon as we arrived, our entire group, consisting of 15 moms and 28 children, headed for the pool.  The Hotel Heritage Hanno's pool is a bit dated, but no one cared.  For the next 4 hours we played and played and played.  I had to coax my son out of the water a couple times for just a couple bites of food here and there, but even food couldn't distract him from the slide and waves. 


Even when we decided to leave the pool, he didn't want to go.  That was until I told him our next destination was the onsen!  More water!  There were three pools in the women's section of the onsen, but there was also a co-ed (bathing suits required) section with 5 pools that we decided to enjoy first.  The co-ed section was beautiful, with waterfalls and lots of greenery surrounding the warm pools of natural spring water. 

Soon it was time for dinner.  Our big group had a private dining room.  They set up one row of tables for all the kids and the other for all the moms.  We knew we had a big group, but seeing all that food was eye opening. 

The kid's meal
The first course of the adult meal.  I was having so much fun,
I forgot to take photos of the other courses.
The whole evening was so much fun.  We laughed so much and just enjoyed the time together.  The kids played their hearts out. 

When it was time to head to the room, my exhausted boy did not protest.  He was ready to hit the hay.  So was I.  And when my head did hit that pillow, it was with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...