Sunday, July 28, 2019

Must shop to cook

I decided I really want to prep cook for the week again.  It has been so hot and muggy, having just one hot day is so much better than 7.  So I made a list in my mind and headed to the store.

As I pulled up to the store, I noticed something was amiss.  There was scaffolding in front of the building!  What was going on?  There was a sign tapped to the window of the store, which I quickly photographed and sent it to my husband. 


He replied, explaining they were closed for renovations.  While I was a bit disappointed (and frustrated because I didn't know they were closed even though they had probably posted the information and I didn't notice/see it/understand), at least I could go to another store. 

That's exactly what I did.  I brushed myself off and headed to another store. 

My husband, son and I worked together to cook food for the week.  Our menu consisted of roasted chicken, stuffed peppers, miso eggplant with pepper stir-fry, baked zucchini with tomato sauce and cheese, sautéed bean sprouts, and roasted carrots.  The work was super easy because we worked together.


Some days a closed store can really get me down.  Other days it doesn't even phase me.  Today, I had something to look forward to, so it didn't bother me.  If it was closed permanently, it would have been a different story.  Ugh!


*******************************************************

Recipe for Miso Eggplant with Pepper Stir-fry:

3 medium eggplants
4 small Japanese peppers (which are more bitter than bell peppers)
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp miso
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sake
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil

Cut the eggplant and peppers into bite-sized pieces.  Heat oil in pan and stir-fry the veggies.  Once softened, add the remaining ingredients.  Cook for 1 minute and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...