Monday, May 27, 2019

Here they come!

The last night before guests arrive is always so exciting.  The anticipation of spending time together gives me a thrill.  I love hosting people, especially when they are traveling so far to see my family.

My cousins arrive tomorrow for two and a half weeks of exploration and expanding horizons.  Although they are both teenagers, they are seasoned travelers and excited for their first trip to Asia. 

On my part there is a bit of fretting as I figure out what we will do and when we will do it.  I want to make sure they get to see everything they want to see and experience lots of Japanese culture.  I like to show all of our guests a behind the scenes look at Japan.  Anyone can come to Japan and see the sights, but I want to share more than what they can find in guidebooks.  I want them to go back home loving Japan and appreciating what it has to offer.

I've had to learn some balance over the past guests we've had.  Although everyone thinks they can go until they drop, day after day of that isn't appreciated and can influence the joy of the trip.  It is important to stop and smell the roses as you absorb the city.

So, tomorrow I go and pick them up from the airport.  Their adventure will begin (as I insert another chapter in this crazy adventure novel of a life I am currently living). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...