Monday, January 28, 2019

Back to the warehouse

When my friend says "do you want to go to Costco?" is there any other answer that the affirmative?  It may seem like just another task to complete in the US, but here it is an adventure.  There are so many familiar things that I can't find other places in Japan.  But there are also so many new and uniquely Japanese or Asian items that I've never seen in Costco!

I had a short list to guide me.  But it didn't matter.  I knew I would simply walk up and down every aisle to find my treasures and find interesting things.  And I found a lot of interesting things.

Only the best drying rack I've ever seen!
Five kinds of mushrooms!
Seafood pizza is no joke.
Lots of Korean food, too.
They sell more than just tomato pasta sauce. 
The biggest package of miso I have ever seen. 
It's a good thing they eat a lot of miso here.
Bonito (shaved dried fish) is also a key ingredient in Japanese cooking.
Dry ramen noodles with seasoning is a popular snack.
These are the fanciest marshmallows I have ever seen.
Yogurt flavored gummies are all the rage.
Lunch was clam chowder and a salad.  It hit the spot.

It was another successful trip to Costco.  My cupboard is full (and I didn't buy excess stuff to reverse the liberating KonMari work I've been doing).  But most of all, I had fun with my girl friends.  We had a great time talking in the car and shopping all afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...