Saturday, December 23, 2017

Yuzu in the tub

There is yuzu in my bathtub!  Seriously!  Japanese people consider it good luck to bath in yuzu water on the winter solstice.  They believe the citrus will ward off illness in the coming year.  Since it adds a citrus aroma to the water, I understand the belief.

During the winter solstice, many public hot baths and hot springs throw yuzu in the water, too.

Since I already love taking a bath here, I'm all for celebrating this tradition.  I love the citrus aroma and the fruit is like a toy in the tub.  It is one of those fun little quirky traditions that just make me smile.


Happy solstice!!!

1 comment:

  1. Here is more info about bathing with Yuzu in an article I just found. Lots of interesting content. https://www.nippon.com/en/views/b06004/

    ReplyDelete

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...