Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Rare finds

I love seeing "weird" things that you don't see other places.  Some crack me up, making me smile for hours, others confuse me and leave me wondering.  Sometimes I have to ask my husband for a translation or explanation.  Luckily, he's very kind to explain things to me.  Even when they are beyond explanation.  Here are a couple of those fun finds.


Travel size boxed wine: I've seen my fair share of boxed wine.  But this one really made me smile when I saw it.  Not only was it juice box sized, but included a straw for emergencies.


A place to hang your umbrella or cane at the ATM: Long umbrellas are very popular.  Most entrances to stores and shopping centers have long skinny plastic bags to put your umbrella in while shopping so you don't drip all over the floor.  Then there is also a bin to toss the plastic bag when you leave.  These are very helpful during rainy days.  But they also go one step further.  Shopping carts have hooks to hang your umbrella on and there are also other handy places to hang it while you need both hands - like at the ATM and train ticket machine.


A cat humidifier: This humidifier was too cute for words.  When you're feeling under the weather, it will make you feel better and smile at the same time.


Fruit scented toilet paper: There are two types of toilet paper here - single ply bits of horridness and over the top scented 2 ply.  There are a variety of scents, several floral.  But who wants flowers when you can have a fruit basket?


Pineapple and placenta candy: This one shocked me.  I had to ask my husband to please, please explain this.  Is this really candy that has placenta in it?  Yes, yes it is.  It has pig placenta in it.  Placenta is believed to help keep people looking youthful.  So, if you're interested, just let me know.  I can't tell you what it tastes like because I didn't need to try it.

I'm sure I will see more!  And of course, I will keep you posted with my most interesting finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...