Thursday, July 2, 2020

Come back already

I find it to be the strangest thing that elementary school students come back at different times every day.  As their schedule differs from day to day, so does the time they come home.

As a mom who impatiently waits at home for her newly minted first grader to return, the different schedules really annoy me.  

Once home, he has about 15-20 minutes of homework each night.  It is typically writing characters, simple math, or reading.  I point blank asked the teacher, and he told me that as a first grader my son should never have more than 1 hour of homework.  I personally think that is way too much!  But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

So far, my son is enjoying school.  Although he does report it is "a bit boring."  Due to Covid-19, there are rules set in place that really limit the kids.  For example, during music class, the kids have to stay in their seats, wear masks, and sing softly, so to not spit too much.  I'm sure rules, such as this, make school more boring.

The whole family is continuing to adjust to elementary school life.  I'm sure as we get used to the new schedule, it will seem like old hat.  But it just takes some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...