Saturday, April 11, 2020

Stay home people!

My son and I spent the whole day inside.  My husband stepped out to buy groceries for dinner, but otherwise was home with us all day as well.

We did a couple science projects.  We played games.  We even watched some farming YouTube videos.  My son was super excited because we finally got around to making black hummus.  Instead of using regular tahini, we used black sesame paste.  It looked like wet cement or the charcoal ice cream we enjoyed on top of Mount Fuji, but tasted just like "regular hummus."


I felt a little claustrophobic not going outside, but knew it was important to avoid going to a public place as much as possible.  Covid-19 numbers are rising quickly in Tokyo.  We has almost 200 new diagnoses in this prefecture today.

We made the decision that my husband would go to the store by himself.  Fewer hands touching things and so forth.  When he returned home, he reported crowds of people leaving the park.  It was so disappointing to hear.  People just don't seem to get the importance of staying home right now.

The news tonight didn't give me much more confidence.

Tokyo is already in an uphill battle.  It is one of the most crowded cities in the world.  The government is pleading with people to stay home, but the constitution prevents them from mandating everyone to stay home.

I guess we'll just do our part and hope everyone else follows suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...