Tuesday, March 31, 2020

In case of emergency, burn the benches

While walking around Hikarigaoka Park the other day, my husband stopped to look at the map.  I don't know why, being that we walk in the park almost daily.  Right away, he pointed to a symbol he had never noticed before.  He was able to read the description of "emergency firepits."  We had never seen any firepits in the park, so we were very curious to investigate.

When we went to the area where the map indicated, it only took us a moment to realize the benches can convert to firepits!  There is a front plate on the bench base that can be removed, and the top of the bench can also be taken off.


Suddenly I remembered a festival where we enjoyed eating miso soup where they utilized these firepits.  I had just never put two and two together.  (Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of them using the firepits.)

As part of our emergency plan in case of a disaster, we know we will head to the park.  They have special water filling stations in case water isn't available in our house and now we also know there will be cooking stations as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...