Monday, January 20, 2020

Keep alert

For over 20 years now, we've been hearing the same announcements at the airport - if you see an unattended bag, report it.  There are signs on various types of public transportation, including buses, trains, light rail, and so forth.  Although it always makes me a bit sad, it reminds me to keep alert for things that don't belong.

Today I saw a sign unlike any I had seen before.  It contained a game within the announcement where people find 10 bombs hidden in the cityscape.


I guess it was eye catching, because it definitely caught my attention.  I felt like it went a bit too far.  But I'm guessing people are paying less and less attention to these notices.  But the need for them hasn't gone away - even in Japan.  As the sense of community in the world decreases, so does the paying attention to one's surroundings.  If you don't stop and chat with your neighbors, how will you tell when something is amiss?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...