Wednesday, January 22, 2020

A package makes any day brighter

When my doorbell rang at dinnertime this evening, I was not expecting anyone.  It was the postman.  He had a package for me.  The postman never leaves a box on my doorstep.  Instead they always deliver to a person.  I wasn't expecting anything, so I was a tad confused.  But it was my name on the address label.

As soon as I saw the return address, I became very excited.  We had sent some friends a package last year simply because they were living abroad and we know how hard it can be at times.  A message or gift from a loved one brings such joy.

When I sent the box of goodies, I wasn't expecting a package back.  So it was a super thrilling to receive the unexpected gift.

Inside was a bunch of Germany candy.  My son's eyes practically popped out of his head.  He unpacked the box one item at a time, staring intently at each item.  I'm sure he was trying to figure out how he could get me to let him eat as much as he wanted in a single sitting.  Either that, or he was trying to figure out what each one would taste like.


We are so grateful for this box of joy (and sugar).  It is so uplifting, even when we're doing pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...