Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Ready for the sniffles

At my son's school, all the kids wear little fabric pouches on their hips.  Inside the pouch is a pack of tissues and a tiny hand towel.  I bought one for my son last year.  He picked a light blue one with strawberries on it.  He wore it constantly, except when I was scrubbing it repeatedly.  School is filled with discovery, including getting very dirty some days.

School is also full of runny noses, especially this time of year.  Wearing the pouches makes a lot of sense since their pants have such tiny pockets.

I was getting pretty tired of washing it to keep the light color bright, so before my beloved Craft Park (the local fabric store) closed its doors I bought some darker fabric.  I used my son's current pouch as a pattern and whipped it up in a short time.


When my son saw what I made, his whole face lit up.  It is so nice to make something for someone who is so appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...