Monday, October 21, 2019

Getting ready to learn

After much consideration, my son has decided to pursue ballet as his extra curricular activity.  After communicating with the school, we needed to buy him some ballet slippers, knee length shorts, and a white shirt for class.  I didn't want to order the shoes online, since they would be his first pair and I really wanted them to fit perfectly.

I asked a friend whose daughter is in ballet where she buys the official gear.  My friend told me about a shop within biking distance that would be able to help my son. 

After picking my son up from school, we headed over to Ballet Shope Etoile in Sakuradai, a neighborhood in Nerima.  The temperature dropped suddenly following the typhoon, which made for a slightly chilly ride.  I'm so relieved to be cool any time I'm outside, but my son was a touch cold on the ride.  In another week or two, he'll often be wrapped up in a blanket to protect him from the wind when we are riding around.


As soon as we arrived at the shop, he didn't care that he was cold.  He was very excited to buy ballet shoes.  The staff were very kind and helpful, taking him to the shoe corner of the shop and having him try on a couple different pairs of shoes.  She was very apologetic that she only had 3 pairs of black shoes for my son to try.  There were also nude, brown, pink, and grey, but the school had specified black, so that was what we bought.


They brought out three different shorts for him to try on.  With a smile, he hopped into the dressing room to try them on. 


He quickly made his decision.  We checked out and headed back home with his new gear.

It is so exciting to start a new adventure.  Getting the official clothing gets him one step closer to his first day of class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...