Sunday, September 29, 2019

A friend comes

Everyday I sit down for at least 30 minutes (usually longer, as I am a slow writer) to think about Japan and reflect on my life here.  It is amazing to me that anyone takes the time to read about my experiences and random thoughts.  I write this blog as it is a way for me to be more present and to process when I get too overwhelmed.  But it is also keeps my friends and family (as well as many people I don't know) updated on what is going on in my life. 

Several people have commented that when they read my blog, they feel like they are going on this journey with me.  They hear about interesting places to visit in Japan, facts that are not widely known about the culture, and food, food, food.  Of course, I also share my personal thoughts on life here and things that I grapple with. 


I appreciate each and every time someone reads this blog, and even more so when they let me know what has resonated with them.  Sometimes it actually inspires them to travel either here or somewhere else they have always wanted to go.  And that makes me feel absolutely incredible. 

Periodically a friend gets on an airplane and flies over an ocean to come to Tokyo.  I might not be the reason they are coming, but being on that list of "things to do and people to see" is so exciting!  I absolutely love showing them around and providing tools for them to make their Japanese dreams come true. 

I have had a love affair with Japan since I was a young child.  So, getting to share that with others (and learning a ton more along the way) is incredible. 

Another friend arrives shortly.  My excitement is through the roof.  She's only in Tokyo for a short time, with lots on her agenda.  But even just a quick meeting with a loved one is exhilarating.  I hope she has the most amazing, memorable trip here.  And I can't wait to be just a smidgen in that special journey.

2 comments:

  1. I only recently started reading your blog, and it has turned into a daily pleasure. Thank you for writing every day about your life in such an interesting way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kinds words! Much appreciated!

      Delete

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...