Friday, July 26, 2019

Strolling through the forest on a hot day

With the end of the rainy season, the heat has come on strong.  To escape it for a bit, I organized a Hike it Baby event at Shinjuku Gyoen's Mother and Child’s Forest (Haha to Ko no Mori).  We've been there before, so I knew it would be at least 1-2 degrees cooler in the forest shade.  The difference between 34°C/93°F and 32°C/89°F is immense!

We met 3 other families for our stroll.  The kids were full of energy and eager to explore.  For some reason, I felt like I was on a mission to go.  The kids wanted to walk, so that is exactly what we did.  We ended up walking through the forest paths several times because they were on the move!


We saw a lizard, plenty of bugs, and some beautiful flowers.  The scenery never disappoints in this park!


The parents had plenty of time to enjoy chatting with each other.  It's always so great to just relax and discuss things on my mind.  I've always been a talker.  It just refuels me to gab and I like getting to know new people.  Today's mix of parents included new and familiar faces, which was really nice.


Every time I go to this park, I relish in its vast beauty.  After wandering around in the Mother and Child's Forest, we also enjoyed the Japanese garden.  The older kids had so much fun running around in the grass while the youngest baby took a nap.  It was a really wonderful time.


Passing such a hot day in a lovely shaded park was fantastic.  Once again the kids reinforced the fact that kids don't need play structures to have a good time.  All they need is space and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...