Friday, October 19, 2018

Random sights

There are still so many things that I see that stop me in my tracks.  Sometimes the things make sense - why isn't this more popular?  Other times it is just weird and makes me wonder what someone was thinking.  Here is just a couple of those things that not only made my stop in my tracks, but also grab my phone and snap a photo.

My son's favorite color is pink.  So, I was not in the least bit surprised when he grabbed a box containing pink boots and exclaimed his delight in them.  Pink sheepskin boots are not my style, but they are right up his alley.  I told him he could try them on.  After all trying them on does not mean they are coming home with us.  As soon as he had them on his feet, I burst out laughing.  The tops were not just a fluffy cuff.  They were bunny ears and a tail!  Japanese fashion can be a bit over the top (in my opinion), but wow... these were incredibly... creative.


Shopping carts continue to impress me.  While most have lovely hooks to hang your bag, kid's coat, or umbrella on; this cart had a magnifying glass!  Such a simple attachment that is so incredibly useful. 


My most interesting find today was "Halloween Eggs".  I really don't think egging houses (or TPing them) is a thing here, but since every Halloween growing up we heard about instances of stores refusing to sell eggs to teenagers for fear of this horrible action, the special labels really surprised me.  I quickly grabbed my husband's arm and asked "what are Halloween Eggs?"  He had no clue either so we took a closer look.  It seems that they are just brown eggs and white eggs (5 of each per package - have I mentioned that eggs come in 10 packs and not dozens here?) with a little Halloween sticker on each one.  That's it.  Special stickers and packaging and now they can charge more for the exact same eggs.


Insert eye roll here.

1 comment:

  1. I love these boots.

    The Halloween eggs are bizarre. They make me think of the flavored ice cubes I kept seeing in LA.

    ReplyDelete

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...