Friday, March 23, 2018

Jet Lag is rough

We have jet lag.  We have it bad.  It has left us with short tempers and several tears.  We haven't been getting up extremely early, but we have been hitting our limit of tolerance and kindness before nightfall.  It is really hard to cope as we are all struggling. 

There have been many things that have made me want to scream today.  So, as I see my son struggling to be his normal, happy self, I understand his stress.  However, my compassion is thin as I also struggle to cope with my extreme tiredness. 

Bright spots of the day included realizing how routine many actions were.  For example, I rode my bike to the organic produce shop with ease.  Also chatting with some of the park moms brought some relief to the stress of the jet lag.  And last, but not least, the sun was so warm and inviting today.  We enjoyed the kiss of sunshine on our shoulders and cheeks.

I don't recall the jet lag being this bad last time.  But maybe the excitement of the journey made it a bit more tolerable when we moved here six months ago.

As we look forward to settling into the time zone, at least we have the anticipation of cherry blossoms to look forward to.  I've seen a few trees starting to offer it's blooms for viewing, but most are not quite ready to share their delights.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...