Wednesday, May 27, 2020

School bell is ringing

We received the official email from the school today.  Kids will return on Monday.

Each class will be broken in half, with half of the kids assigned to go first thing in the morning for two hours.  The other half will go to school for the same amount of time later in the day.  Schedules will change each week for at least four weeks.

I have so many questions!  With the kids only attending for two hours a day, what will the day consist of?

Since our homeschooling currently takes about two hours to complete, I can't imagine they would be able to cover the same amount of work in a classroom.  So that begs the question, will we still be doing supplemental homeschooling?

And, most importantly, will they clean the classrooms in between?  Japanese schools are well-known for having students clean the schools.  With Covid-19 still a concern, how will they make sure the classrooms are satisfactorily cleaned?  Will adults help or simply monitor (like I've seen in the past)?

Of course, I have mixed feelings about sending my child to school.  I'm sure this internal conflict is much more that the normal concerns and worries.  And I'm not sure anyone can fully calm my mind right now.  There are just so many unknowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...