Friday, February 16, 2018

Anticipation

I have been looking forward to tomorrow for months!  Actually, I've been looking forward to it for 15 years.  All the planning and dreaming and wishful thinking will come to fruition when my dad and stepmom walk off that airplane tomorrow.  They are coming to visit for 2 weeks!  It is their very first visit to Japan and they are ecstatic.  I honestly don't know who is more excited, me or them.

Ever since they told me they were coming, I have been in planning mode.  I see something or eat something and I think about sharing it with my parents.  Since they've never been here, everything will be new.  It has been a very long time since everything was new here for me.  I am excited to share this part of the world, a part that is very special to me.

I am a bit nervous, too.  I haven't traveled that much with my parents and I don't know how we will approach everything.  Travelling can be very stressful and who knows how we will all handle the craziness of Tokyo.  I sometimes feel overwhelmed and that's when I'm not guiding someone else around!  I just really want them to love Japan and that isn't a guarantee. 

I've created an agenda of things to do while they are here.  Some things are places we've been and enjoyed, while other things are totally new experiences for all of us.

No matter what, it is going to be an adventure.  And what is life, except an adventure of your own making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...